Breastfeeding Mom Diet – Kitchen Secrets – Practical Recipes
As soon as we hold our baby in our arms, we step into a completely different world. All the needs of our tiny and defenseless baby in our arms are under our responsibility. Of course, fathers have a lot of responsibilities, too, but as mothers, we take on many of their most basic needs, especially nutrition.
We know that breast milk is the most natural food that is sufficient for the first six months of the baby, and for this reason, when we give birth, most of us ask questions such as “Will I have enough milk” and “Will I have enough milk?” Along with these concerns, we also get results that do not contribute to the quantity and quality of our milk when added, and often make us gain weight.
BENEFITS OF BREASTFEEDING
*always sterile, ideal temperature
*Nutritional values are suitable for the needs of the baby in every month
* Contains elements that prevent infection and strengthen the immune system (probiotic, prebiotic, omega-3 fatty acid, live leukocytes and lymphocytes, antibodies and nucleotides)
* It is protective against allergy, cancer, diabetes, obesity and hypertension.
* It is good for the mental health of the baby, helps the development of intelligence.
for the mother;
* Strengthens the bond between mother and baby.
* Breast and ovarian cancer risk is reduced in lactating mothers.
*no preparation required and free.
INCREASING BREAST MILK
The amount of our milk is affected by many factors. Drinking enough water, eating a balanced diet, getting enough sleep, resting and the belief that milk is important for the baby are important topics that increase milk secretion. However, the increase in concerns about the amount of milk, general stress, and malnutrition negatively affect the amount of milk.
At the beginning of the words that breastfeeding mothers hear frequently from the environment, “eat makes milk” and “cries because she is hungry”. However, WHAT we eat affects the quantity and quality of milk. In general, foods such as pastry, cake, rice, pasta, etc., which are carbohydrate group, are consumed frequently because they also give energy. When we hear “you need energy, you are breastfeeding”, we sometimes eat from excuses and sometimes from hope. However, there are two things we need to know;
1-the more energy we get, the more our milk will not increase. Excess energy does not produce milk, but sticks to us as fat. It will be enough to get more than 500 kcal of energy per day.
2- Excessively consumed carbohydrate foods, cakes, pastries, pies, etc. can increase gas pain in our baby.
How can we increase the quantity and quality of milk?
- We should rest whenever we can.
- We should drink at least 3 liters of water
- We should consume protein foods; eggs, milk, yogurt, red meat, fish, turkey, chicken
- We should consume fish and walnuts; due to its omega 3 content
- We can consume dates instead of fruit in snacks.
- We can give a lot of greens such as dill in the meals.
- Oats support milk; We can consume it for breakfast or snacks.
- We should not skip meals, we should not stay hungry for a long time
- We should get good oil from olive oil, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.
- We must reduce our anxiety
diet while breastfeeding
- lactation diet It should be planned with the aim of increasing the amount and quality of milk, and also to lose weight by losing fat.
- Right after giving birth, we can start losing our weight with a healthy eating plan, not looking for quick solutions by worrying about weight and diet.
- Low-calorie diets are not suitable for breastfeeding mothers
- Diets with detox fluids are not suitable
- Slimming teas, pills, cures should not be used during breastfeeding.
EXAMPLE DIET PLAN FOR BREASTFEEDING – amounts to be tailored to the individual
Egg – boiled or omelette – can be menemen
dill, seasonal vegetables
Walnut or olive or butter or olive oil or avocado or coconut oil
Sourdough bread with cereals, if possible
walnuts or almonds
breastfeeding mom tea
– Boil 5 black pepper + 5 cloves + 1 stick of cinnamon + ginger in 500 ml of water, add 1 pinch of fennel and infuse for 5 minutes – drink warm
Vegetable meal – cooked with or without meat
Grain, if possible sourdough bread, soup, bulgur pilaf etc.
Legumes (according to the baby’s gas condition)
Salad, boiled – grilled vegetables
Fruit, cheese sandwich, boza, homemade milk desserts (determined according to our energy needs)
breastfeeding mom tea
Meat dish – can be grilled, sauteed, baked, cooked with vegetables
Soup, bulgur pilaf, multigrain bread,
Salad, raw-boiled, grilled vegetables can be
Fruit, walnuts, almonds, milk, yogurt, kefir (one or two types together according to our energy needs)
Beste Alimert Altunors
Nutrition and diet specialist