Meatball Salad – Kitchen Secrets – Practical Recipes
Good morning everybody,
Spring has come early to Kitchen Secrets! Did you notice that we changed our design? My wife changes the look of the living room when women get bored, she teases me about you kitchen secrets. I think he’s right 🙂
I think our new look was very heartwarming, I hope you like it. You can see the changes more clearly by refreshing the page from time to time.
As for the rest of the news of the day, I saw 65 kilos net at the end of the morning. It’s really rewarding to get rewards for your hard work. When I think about the past, I realize that I eat more food and drink more water.
So what is it, not eating too much, but eating irregular and unhealthy makes people gain weight.
Meatball salad is a practical recipe, but it took too long because I wanted to write all the details. After I prepared 500 gr meatballs, I used them in different recipes. In this way, it became my savior when I was in trouble with “what should I cook now”.
There are many lean alternatives for cooking meatballs. I cooked it in the microwave for 2 minutes so that it wouldn’t take much of my time, then I turned it in the pan for a while so that it would brown.
I would definitely recommend trying the yogurt sauce. It has become my favourite, I try to consume it with every meal as much as I can.
Today is the day of making sourdough bread, we have such a ritual every Friday. By the way, we finally gave a name to our sourdough, following the tradition. From now on, we will call him by the name of my deceased tortoise, namely “Rıza”.
Have a lot of fun! Love…
Ingredients for Meatball Salad Recipe
- 500 g ground beef (lean)
- 2 tablespoons of oat bran
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- black pepper
- (I don’t use it, but meatball spring and cumin can also be added.)
For the salad:
- desired amount of lettuce
- desired amount of parsley
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the yogurt sauce:
- 2 heaped tablespoons of light yogurt
- 3 pickled gherkins
- 1 green onion
How to Make Meatball Salad Recipe?
- Grate the onion and garlic. Finely chop the parsley.
- Take the minced meat into the kneading bowl and add 1 egg and all the meatball ingredients.
- Knead it well and form it into a ball, cover it with cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. (The reason we rest it is that the oat bran swells and tightens the ground beef a little, and the rested meatballs are always more delicious.)
- Cut walnut-sized pieces from the meatballs and roll them in your hands.
- If you are going to cook in a pan, form a ball if you are going to cook in a flat oven or microwave.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare your salad with the greens you want and put it in a salad bowl.
- Finely chop and whisk all the ingredients for the yogurt sauce.
- Pour the yogurt dressing over the salad. Sprinkle the meatballs and tomatoes and serve.
Subscribe to my e-mail to follow my Dukan diet closely.