Mussel Steak – Kitchen Secrets – Practical Recipes
How to make Mussel Steak? There are also 5 comments to give you an idea. Tips of the recipe, thousands of recipes and more…
30 min, Seafood, mussels with tomatoes, mussels, stewing mussels, how to cook mussels, mussel recipes, mussel dishes, mussel recipes, stewing,
We usually consume mussels as stuffed or fried mussels. Rice with mussels or pasta are among the things we do, albeit a little.
This recipe belongs to Yuksel Abi, my father’s childhood friend. We had a long conversation about food when we met at Nakliman Meatballs last weekend.
Yuksel Abi usually uses this recipe to make fish stew. But when I started counting the ingredients, I decided that mussels could also get great results. If there is wine in the recipe but you don’t use it, you can also use 1 glass of hot water instead of wine.
We bought 1 kilo of mussels (for spares) from the fish market. As soon as we got home, we divided the mussel bag into 3 parts. After vacuuming, we put it in the freezer.
Ingredients for Mussel Steak Recipe
- 300-400 gr mussels
- Half a teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 3-4 celery leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- Black pepper
- Red pepper
- Peel and dice the onions and tomatoes. Finely chop the garlic, green pepper and celery leaves.
- Put the olive oil, garlic and onion in the pot. Add a little salt and fry the onion until it turns pink.
- Add tomato, pepper, celery leaves to the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Finally, add the mussels, spices and white wine to the pot and mix 1-2 times.
- Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. (You can continue cooking with the lid open for 5 minutes to absorb the water.)
- Serve hot or cold.